Anti Depression Association of Australia
As of 2012
- one in three Australians suffer from stress
- one in five Australians are on stress related medication
- almost half of the nations children suffer from depression, anxiety or and other stress related illness
The Anti-Depression Association of Australia is helping to change that.
The ADAA is national, not for profit organisation which identifies programs, therapies, individuals and groups that are able to help people in the community affected by stress related health issues including depression and anxiety.
ADAA brings these groups together so that services may be accessed in a timely and affordable manner to those who need help, today. We seek individuals and businesses support to work towards achievement of these common goals. The ADAA offers a variety of membership types.
The ADAA was established by a group of businesses and corporate sponsors to help share and expand the influence of Education based solutions as a way of reducing stress related illness through the Australian Community.
How we currently help depression, anxiety and other stress related illnesses
1. Raise the national awareness of the effectiveness and availability of Education based solutions as the third alternative to overcoming stress related illness.
2. Develop an accreditation, ongoing training and support for trained coaching professionals using Education based solutions to help people with stress related illness.
3. Expand the current availability of education based solutions to more Australians particularly those disadvantaged by age, distance, finance or related illness.
4. Partner with Government and Industry to utilize stress education programs to combat long term unemployment, organisational stress and anxiety, teen depression, corporate productivity and the general pressure on families.
5. To support the ongoing Research and Development of programs and resources in combating stress related illness with solutions that really work.
6. Join in the fight against cancer through subsidised Stress Education programs designed specifically for cancer patients.
How Did We Start?
In 2008 the ADAA was established by a group of like-minded industry professionals. Their goal is to search out more solutions to stress related illness as well as sharing the solutions that are already available.
“By uniting the information that we use in business models that work, and by attracting like minded individuals with other solutions willing to offer them for within our structure, we hope to make more of a difference than anyone or any individual business can do alone.”
Beyond Blue have done a tremendous job with awareness and helping to reduce stigma attached to stress related illness, but what sufferers really need now are practical solutions that can provide a real improvement. Every year we lose over 1500 Australian lives to suicide. How many of these could have been saved with solutions that already work for others?
We hope by establishing the ADAA we can help to start effecting real change.”
Wayne Parrott, Hon Chairman ADAA
If you have a mental health or medical emergency, dial 000.
The ADAA is not an emergency response association.
If you are currently on medication or under the supervision of a healthcare professional, consult with them concerning changes or additions to your present healthcare regime.